Wednesday, October 7, 2020



Moving is progressing. It isn't really slow going, it just feels like it. Paul has moved quite a bit to storage in Whitehouse and we're gradually clearing rooms. The house is sounding echoey and I think it must be due to the high ceilings with all the paintings and pictures removed. 

staircase before
Staircase before

Staircase after

Craft room before pics 

Craft room after

So I want to show you the socks I'm making for Debra. I think I mentioned them in my last post. When we went to Bunco on Kelley's Island, on the way are some really cool shops we like going to. One is this yarn shop where they actually have some sheep on the property!! Christi's Just For Ewe
 Anyway, I bought some really nice bamboo yarn for me and Deb picked up some and asked if I'd make her a pair. That was quite a while ago! So, I put aside the baby blanket I'm making for baby E to get these done. 

I got the toes and part of the foot done, yay! 

Look who turned 66 on Monday! Happy Birthday babe! 

Paul and I watched Ellie last week for a couple of days. I bought her this adorable kitty hat. At first she didn't want to wear it but when we went outside for a walk and it was chilly, she loved it! 

And, after not having hair for so long...

we have curls!! I could just kiss them all day long! 

She is loving reading!! This book was a gift from my friend Kathy.

Last week we had the inspection on our house (current) so Paul and I took Bentley to a local park. The first park we went to, Bur Oak was not what I remember when Lydia I went a couple of years ago. It smelled bad, like sewage. We did see a sign saying that there was combined sanitary storm sewers both above and below the stream?! How messed up is that?? 

Needless to say, we left and I took him to one of mine and Lydia's favorite local parks, Sandy Ridge. It was beautiful and peaceful and they even have a separate dog walking path I've never been on. 

I do miss my walks with Lydia. We used to walk every single day and got up to about 4 miles. Here's a pic of us after getting caught in the rain...

Fun times!! LOL

And on September 11th, 

We got Toby's ashes. I MISS HIM 😭

                Yesterday sucked (for Paul). I was upstairs playing on the computer and he asked me to come down to the kitchen. He said he'd packed the can opener and was trying to open a can of beans for chili, with our old bottle opener 😲. 

Needless to say he cut his finger pretty good and it wouldn't stop bleeding. I took him to the Wellness Center attached to our doctor's office. 

Steve said he'd need 2 stitches. Nope, he needed 3. And then this morning he was looking for something and realized we put things that were on the counter in different cupboards for showing the house and...
look what he found!  

Stitches for nothing! 😖

I feel bad for him. Playing in the yard and packing as well as loading stuff into the truck is going to be different for sure. 

Well, I guess that's it for now. Just want to keep ya'll updated. 

As always... thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

  1. You sure have a lot going on but most of it sounds wonderful. Your house selling quickly and you finding a new one quickly is a sure sign that it was meant to be. I love your nature photos - beautiful. Moving is a real chore...I always says that instead of punishing people and sending them to jail, their punishment should be that they have to pack and move all the time - ha ha! Moving is exciting but boy it is a lot of work! I hope all goes smoothly.